- air is heavy, tangible, thick, wet: 99 fahrenheit with humidity equals 128 "real feel" degrees
- water blankets the city, shrouds the skyline, fills lungs
- moisture streaks windows, waterfalls to pavement, creates moats
- soaked cotton glues to skin, burps when tugged
- air pudding coats lung lining like cake batter in a bowl...complicates breathing
- slippery skin glistens with drops drip-drip-dripping from nose-elbow-fingertips (ick)
- enter a cold space and sweat crystalizes, flakes to the floor like summer snow (double ick)
- puddles form on concrete, ears clog, glasses and phones fog
- the world is a heady mix of locker room and air freshener - a sweet, acrid, salty perfume
This is the time of year that loosely worn abayas, dishdashas and gallabeas make sense. Strangely, the more you wear the more comfortable you are: skin is sun protected, a
ir moves, sweat dries, stains don't show.
As long as you spend most of the day...indoors.